The media and entertainment industry is one of the fastest evolving industries. However, more demanding applications such as ultra High-definition workflows may emphasize the ability of adapters to transfer data in and out of storage. To handle bandwidth requirements for uncompressed high-resolution video, connectivity solutions need to be optimized for smooth, low-latency data transfer, to support this, storage need to be providing extremely high bandwidth and low latency, customers in the Media and Entertainment space are choosing FlexSDS storage to provide editors workstations with access to high bandwidth and low latency performance to accommodate streaming editing and reel presentation to any workstation at any time.
FlexSDS is a software-only solution that runs on industry-standard hardware (any x86 based machines). It supports unlimited capacity per node and up to 2 PB of each storage pools. It could be external storage or HCI storage for private and hybrid cloud, by providing thin provisioning volume, log structured volume or RAW volumes and exporting them over SAN protocol.
For working for 8K video workload, FlexSDS brings the ability to run any application at any scale, fast time-to-value, and non-disruptive scale-up or scale-out.
- Delivers full performance of NVMes over the network.
- Linearly scale performance and capacity
- Providing high IOPS and high bandwidth.
- Designed for next generation hardware, kernel-bypass, lock-free model, zero-mem-copy, high CPU cache optimize to provide extreme low latency.
- Parallel and high concurrent I/O technology and high utilization of storage and network resources.
- Supports current and future media workflows Using standard server, storage and network devices
- Single-pane management.
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- The block interface facilitates easy integration with other legacy file systems.
- Mix different storage devices (NVMe / SSD / HDD) to optimize for cost, scale or performance Scale out storage and compute as needed.
- Fast deployment and scaling of storage resources, and dynamic workload scaling and balancing.
- Supports up to 1024 server nodes and can offer block service to Windows Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer or KVM-qemu hypervisor.
- Multiple node and data copies, high availability and auto-recovery.
- Efficient asynchronous replication
- Protocol supports: iSCSI, iSER, and NVMe over Fabrics
- Unlimited space-optimized snapshots and clones, periodic or continuous asynchronous long-distance replication.