Highly performance optimized SDS solution
FlexSDS Scale-out storage software is a reliable, high performance and distributed block level storage solution which is true scale out (1-1024) and lowest TCO in the world. The distribute storage solution is designed as Server-SAN which provides full functional in iSCSI , iSER and NVMe over Fabrics transport, fully support for a verity of virtualization platform like VMWare, Hyper-v Citrix XenServer and Openstack-Qemu-KVM based HCI systems.
FlexSDS Scale-out storage software is designed and high performance optimized for all-flash appliance, fully support for NVMe kernel-bypass, RDMA, and traditional hardware (TCP, SATA / SAS disks).
- Software Defined Storage solution for All-Flash (NVMe, RDMA) and traditional hardware (TCP, SATA / SAS).
- Single node and multiple nodes scale-out storage software.
- iSCSI, iSER (iSCSI over RDMA) and NVMe over Fabric (NVMe-oF) target software.
- High availability (multi-copies, auto-recovery) storage software.
- NVMe full stack kernel-bypass (end-to-end NVMe) solution.
FlexSDS Scale-out Server-SAN is software only and easy-to-install solution which can be easily installed into any x86 based machines, by providing a full-featured web based management system, user only need a few minutes to build one node or a multi-nodes storage cluster.
FlexSDS is also designed for Hyper-Converged Infrastructure solution, it can be deployed as HCI mode and Server-SAN mode:
For HCI mode, FlexSDS can be installed together with virtualization solution like KVM/Qemu based, one server node can offer both storage and compute service at the same time.
For Server-SAN mode, FlexSDS will work as distributed IP SAN storage and offer data service to other servers via iSCSI, iSER and NVMe-oF.
Using FlexSDS ServerSAN is very easy, user can quickly create a storage cluster in 30 minutes. All management operations can be done in all-in-one WEB management console.
FlexSDS ServerSAN is designed as true scale-out distributed storage cluster, which is working on x86_64 based Linux platform, but user don’t need spend much time to configure the system, we provide “one key” install scripts will quickly deploy and configure a scale-out storage cluster in minutes.
Whats need user to do are:
- Install Linux OS as hardware and OS requirements;
- Set up storage node and cluster in WEB Management.
Please see Install and Deploy FlexSDS Scale-out Storage. And for more information about how to using the product, please refer to product user’s manual.
- Linux with kernel >= 2.6
- Recommend OS: CentOS 7.x and Ubuntu Server 18+.
- x64 based system.
- Network Connections: InfiniBand, RoCE, iWarp or Ethernet.
- Intel Xeon class processor or similar.
- 2 cores and more.
- 8 GB of RAM.
- At least one additional disk for storage.
Recommend Configuration (All Flash):
- Intel Xeon 2680 v4 2.4GHZ x 2, 28 cores in total.
- 64 GB DDR4 memory.
- NVMe Disks x 8
- CentOS 7.2, with 3.10 kernel.
- InfiniBand Network.
Release Version: FlexSDS ServerSAN 2020 V3, Release Date: 12/03/2019
- High performance optimized scale-out storage for All-flash appliance.
- Storage Network: iSCSI, iSER and NVMe over Fabric
- Server Pool: Polling Mode
- Storage Pool: Software Defined Storage Pool
- Snapshots: Unlimited and Zero-Copies Snapshots
- Replication: High Availability and Replication over RDMA or TCP
- Web Management: Manage multiple servers in one platform
|VMware Ready logo assures that FlexSDS Server is fully compatible with VMware products.
VMware is virtualization leader that produces many virtualization products such as VMware ESX/ESXi, VMware Workstation, VMware vSphere. Recently it is helping build reliable and affordable private and public clouds.