Oct 01, 2020, FlexSDS, the global recognized in high performance software defined storage period, has announced a new release of it’s distributed scale-out storage software stack 2020 V4 for hybrid and all flash servers, FlexSDS software defined storage is now available for End-Users and OEM partners in all around of the world.
FlexSDS brings its own developed core service which is a high performance optimized, lock-free scheduler (like a OS) to manage all resources in the server includes: CPU, memory, storage, PCI devices and numa, which is working in polling mode and make full usage of hardware resource to perform maximum performance for storage service.
FlexSDS brings user mode NVMe driver (Kernel-by-pass) to support directly attached, RAID pool and SDS Pool, SDS Pool allows to create multiple volumes to be exposed as high availability, snapshot enabled iSCSI target, iSER target or NVMe-oF target, FlexSDS brings the ability to run any application at any scale, fast time-to-value, and non-disruptive scale-up or scale-out.
FlexSDS is a software-only solution that runs on industry-standard hardware (any x86 based machines). It supports unlimited capacity per node and up to 2 PB of each storage pools. It could be external storage or HCI storage for private and hybrid cloud, by providing thin provisioning volume, log structured volume or RAW volumes and exporting them over SAN protocol.
- Polling mode server pool, listening to multiple NICs and ports.
- Delivers full performance of NVMes over the network.
- Linearly scale performance and capacity
- Providing high IOPS and high bandwidth.
- Designed for next generation hardware, kernel-bypass, lock-free model, zero-mem-copy, high CPU cache optimize to provide extreme low latency.
- Parallel and high concurrent I/O technology and high utilization of storage and network resources.
- Supports current and future media workflows
Using standard server, storage and network devices
- Single-pane management, providing easy-to-use, all-in-on and centralized WEB management platform.
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- 100% SDS Pool which can manage all disks and make them as pooled with the ability to create arbitrary, dynamic block volumes with unlimited zero-copies snapshot enabled.
- The block interface facilitates easy integration with other legacy file systems.
- Mix different storage devices (NVMe / SSD / HDD) to optimize for cost, scale or performance
Scale out storage and compute as needed.
- Fast deployment and scaling of storage resources, and dynamic workload scaling and balancing.
- Supports up to 1024 server nodes and can offer block service to Windows Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer or KVM-qemu hypervisor.
- Multiple node and data copies, high availability and auto-recovery.
- Efficient asynchronous replication
- Protocol supports: iSCSI (TCP), iSER (iSCSI Extension for RDMA) and NVMe-oF (NVMe over Fabric).
- Unlimited space-optimized snapshots and clones, periodic or continuous asynchronous long-distance replication.
- High Availability and Remote mirror: All interfaces (iSCSI, iSER, and NVMe-oF) support HA.
- Legacy device support, support for SATA/SAS HDD and SSD.