How Can We Help?
Why use RDMA?
What is RDMA
data transfers between nodes in a network
no Operating System Kernel involvement in transfers –everything about a transfer offloaded onto Interface Card
transfers between user space application virtual memory –no extra copying or buffering
send, receive, read, write, atomic operations
RDMA has those advantages than others:
- High throughput
- Low latency
- High messaging rate
- Low CPU utilization
- Low memory bus contention
- Message boundaries preserved
- Asynchronous operation
- Kernel-bypass, FlexSDS polling mode and kernel-bypass engine use all of up benefits.
Where using RDMA in FlexSDS:
- iSER (iSCSI extension for RDMA, iSCSI over RDMA)
- NVMe over Fabrics (RDMA)
- Replication between storage nodes