FlexSDS storage software is distributed and scale-out, however standalone mode is also its an important feature. On a standalone machine, FlexSDS storage software stack will work without HA feature, managing storage device as software defined, dynamic and zero-copy snapshot enabled. User can enjoy high performance of zero-data-copy, kernel-bypass, and zero-context-switch, the software provide almost same performance as hardware.
User can enjoy performance linger scale-up by adding more NVMe disks, and gain data redundancy feature in FlexSDS storage software.
- Minimum requires for the software stack is 1 disk, supports NVMe (kernel-bypass), SATA, SAS disks.
- Multiple disks are working in round robin mode with data redundancy (optional).
- All NVMes will be managed by SDS pool and split them into dynamic blocks, to brings the benefits of performance scale-up and thin-provisioning
- The SDS Pool can create one or more logical volumes, each volume can working on dedicated CPU core or all CPU cores.
- Each volume can be exported through standard IP SAN protocol like: NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF), iSCSI and iSER.
- I/Os come into the software stack will be scheduled by FlexSDS scheduler, completely concurrently and asynchronous.
- Any volume can be managed to be asynchronous/synchronous replicated to remote iSCSI, iSER and NVMe-oF targets.